[Election-Methods] MCA's IIB problem fixed

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 1 09:13:16 PST 2008

Hello,
I've been thinking about 3-slot methods that combine
Top Ratings, Approval and Pairwise Opposition
information (all concepts that are compatible with FBC
and Independence from Irrelevant Ballots) to produce a
method that meets those criteria and also 3-slot
Majority for Solid Coalitions and mono-raise and also
which has its LNHarm and LNHelp problems in
approximate balance.

In my last message in this thread I suggested "one
possibility" to be:

"If  any candidates have a top-ratings score not
smaller than their  MPO score, disqualify the other
candidates.  Elect the undisqualified candidate with
the highest Approval-minus-MPO score".

This has now firmed as my preferred 3-slot (FBC
complying) method.

Any comments?  I have no idea what it should be
called.

Chris Benham

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail