[Election-Methods] RELEASE: Instant Runoff Voting

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:26:11 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:43 PM,
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:45:56 +0300
> From: Juho <juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [Election-Methods] RELEASE: Instant Runoff Voting

> On Jun 24, 2008, at 7:41 , Kathy Dopp wrote:
>
>> How does the grass in my lawn stay green when I never water or irrigate it and I live in a very dry climate?
>>
>> How does my house heat up to 80 degrees Farenheit inside during the winter even when it is below freezing outside - without using any fossil fuels and without burning any wood?
>
> Since you live (at least relatively) close to Yellowstone you might
> have one cold and one hot well available. The grass would also
> benefit of that, unless it is made of plastic.

Hi Juho

OK. Another good guess however it would have to be an awfully long
pipe to reach a hotsprings from my house because the nearest one is
over 20 miles drive away or over a huge mountain pass about 2,500 ft
higher than my home which is only open in the summers.

Shall I give you the answers?

Hint:

1. the method of keeping my house cool in summer and warm in winter (I
do set a furnace to 64 degrees F in the winter days and 53 degrees F
at night but the house usually stays much warmer) is low-tech and is
architectural (I did my own architecture)

2. requires some human intervention (perhaps 3 or 4 minutes twice per day).

3. the climate here in Utah is very different from yours in England.
It is much dryer here.

Any guesses on why my grass stays green without any water in a very
dry climate, although all my neighbors do water their lawns?

BTW, on voting issues, I updated this today in preparation for a radio
interview.  There are few places that have more secretive elections
than where I live now and this is my proposal for fixing that:

http://utahcountvotes.org/legislature/UTLegislativeElectionReform.pdf

Kathy