[Election-Methods] Determining representativeness of multiwinner methods

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 11:45:53 PDT 2008

One reason why districts have been kept is that if there were no
districts then voters would have some tendency to vote for the
capital area candidates that have typically better access to TV etc.
There are typically also more popular figures in general at the
capital region. The risk is thus that the distribution (without
districts) would not be a random distribution but would favour the
central regions.

Juho