[Election-Methods] [english 92%] Re: a strategy-free range voting variant?

Warren Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 10:06:27 PDT 2008

To answer one of my own questions,
if you alter the percentages - which you have the freedom to do - away
from 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 to, say,
  deciders:  5%
  compensators: 90%
  benchmarkers   (which I'm confused about): 5%
then the compensators will have a fixed fee per capita which is small
(about 18 times smaller than average). Therefore, my complaint that
"poor" voters would have incentive not to vote leaving to a rich-dominated
electorate, will be diminished.   For practical purposes in large elections
this should be an adequate fix of this problem (if it really was a problem).

Designer has freedom to alter these 3 percentages to optimize real-world
performance.