[Election-Methods] Announcing OpenSTV 1.2

Jeffrey O'Neill jco8 at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 17 08:46:10 PST 2008

Announcing OpenSTV version 1.2 -- software for computing the single
transferable vote, instant runoff voting, Condorcet approval, and many
other voting systems.  More details and download links are at
http://stv.sourceforge.net.

The most significant changes in this release are the following:
- Changed output to be more descriptive and easier to read.
- Changed implementation of Supplemental Vote to use all rankings.
- Changed implementation of IRV to stop sooner (won't change outcome).
- Print substages for ERS97 STV.
- Now possible to have unlimited precision (but max is set to 20 for gui).
- Meek/Warren implemented in fixed point.

We would greatly appreciate assistance in further developing this
software.  We are looking for Python programmers (or people willing to
learn).  Please contact me if you are willing to help.

best regards,
Jeff O'Neill