[EM] A computationally feasible method

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:15:46 PDT 2008

> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:25:49 +0100
> From: "Raph Frank" <raphfrk at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [EM] A computationally feasible method

> Brian Olson suggests this approach for his anti-gerrymandering proposals.
>
> http://bolson.org/dist/USIRA.html
> and
> http://bolson.org/dist/

I suggested a similar mathematical method for drawing Congressional
districts a few years ago. I like Brian's suggestion - and
particularly like his side-by-side state district maps, so I modified
my page on drawing districts to include links to his:

 See http://electionmathematics.org/  and click on "Drawing Districts".

Brian's idea may be equivalent to my own depending on how the
geographic center of the district is calculated in Brian's proposal.

Cheers,

Kathy