[EM] Why We Shouldn't Count Votes with Machines

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed Aug 27 20:53:44 PDT 2008

Regrettably James is making an incorrect analysis of the problem.

Agreed that there have been some expensive disasters associated with
computers and voting.

ASSUMING computers were as unreliable as James' sources imply, we had
best retreat from our computer-based civilization, much of which
depends on computers reliably doing their part.

BETTER to accept that computers are truly as dependable as their
successful use elsewhere demonstrates, study how we stumbled into our
election disasters, and plan to do better in the future.

DWK

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:57:39 +0100 James Gilmour wrote:
> Dancing on E-voting’s grave
>   http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=1227&tag=nl.e019
> Election loser: touch-screen voting
>   http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/story/1185482.html