[EM] [Election-Methods] [english 94%] PRfavoringracialminorities

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 15:28:26 PDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 2:14 , Raph Frank wrote:

> In Ireland, they are pretty open.  However, they have been
> complaints that
> they are annoying.
>
> It is something like you have to be nominated by 20 registered
> voters, but
> your nominees have to actually be physically present when you
> register.
>
> Also, you have to pay a deposit and if you get 25% (I think) of a
> quota of
> votes, you get your deposit back.

In Finland registered parties may nominate in each district as many
candidates as there are seats. If you don't get any representatives
in two elections you will be kicked out from the party register. If
you collect 5000 names you'll get in. In addition to that
constituency associations may nominate individual candidates by
collecting 100 names.

Juho