[EM] [Election-Methods] [english 94%] PR favoring racialminorities

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:18:34 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Juho <juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2008, at 12:00 , James Gilmour wrote:
>
>> I have to say I just do not understand the obsession with "lists".
>
> Lists are indeed rather clumsy and maybe simplifying (trees would be more
> expressive though :-).

Yeah, if the choice is between lists and trees, then trees would be better.

This is especially true if the candidates rather than the party get to
control how the trees are setup.

I wonder would parties assign some candidates to what are considered
'safe nodes' on the tree, in much the same way that they assign them
to safe seats under plurality.