[EM] Legal Analysis of HR811 & Brennan Center Think-Tank Analysis of HR811

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:21:50 PDT 2007

OK. I doublechecked re. the paper ballot provision for 2008.

On 6/14/07, Kathy Dopp <kathy.dopp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that voters must still be supplied with paper ballots in
> 2008, but I'll doublecheck this.

As written, http://www.verifiedvoting.org/downloads/Capuano5%2007%2007.pdf
the Capuano amendment would have added the paper or plastic option
starting in 2010 to the requirement for emergency ballots upon machine
failure starting in 2008.  As inserted, the amendment over-wrote the
requirement for emergency ballots upon machine failure in 2008.
Holt's office is working to correct that in a Manager's Amendment so
that 2008 remains covered.

i.e. the paper ballot provision was mistakenly removed in the amended
version of HR811, but the managers of the House Admin committee are
working to re-amend it to be sure it is reinserted.
--
Kathy Dopp

The material expressed herein is the informed  product of the author
Kathy Dopp's fact-finding and investigative efforts. Dopp is a
Mathematician, Expert in election audit mathematics and procedures; in
exit poll discrepancy analysis; and can be reached at

P.O. Box 680192
Park City, UT 84068
phone 435-658-4657

http://utahcountvotes.org
http://kathydopp.com
http://electionmathematics.org
http://electionarchive.org

Election Audit Mathematics Bibliography
http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/paper-audits/KathyDoppAuditMathBibliography.pdf

Support Clean Elections in 2008
http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/SupportCleanElectionsIn2008.pdf

Important Facts About The Voter Confidence & Increased Accessibility Act (HR811)
http://electionarchive.org/ucvInfo/US/FactsAboutHR811.pdf

"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body
and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day," wrote
Thomas Jefferson in 1816