[Election-Methods] Steve--Accepting or rejecting in Approval

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 26 07:27:28 PDT 2007

Hallo,

Mike Ossipoff wrote (26 July 2007):

 > By the way, SSD was devised by Steve Eppley and me.
 > Markus Schulze had previously posted about CSSD, and
 > its equivalence with BeatpathWinner, but Steve and I
 > were unaware of that.

The term "Schwartz Sequential Dropping" (SSD) was used
for the very first time on 18 February 2000 in a mail by
Mike Ossipoff. Already in that mail, Mike Ossipoff wrote
that "SSD is equivalent to Schulze's method". Therefore,
the fact, that the term "Schwartz Sequential Dropping" (SSD)
is only a new name for the Schulze method, isn't something
new, it was known from the very beginning.

Markus Schulze