[EM] When Voters Strategize, Approval Voting Elects Condorcet Winners but Condorcet Methods can Elect Condorcet Losers

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 12:22:48 PDT 2007

- Some Condorcet methods (e.g. Minmax(margins)) elect Condorcet
Losers with sincere votes. In some extreme situations the Condorcet
Loser may be the best candidate.

- Note also that the Condorcet specific problems do not do not
materialize in most elections. I haven't yet seen any good examples
where some large scale public elections where voters make independent
decisions on how to vote would tend to fail.

Juho