[Election-Methods] when is extreme rating suboptimal in range voting?

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Thu Jul 26 16:58:59 PDT 2007

>Smith said that sometimes extreme rating is suboptimal in RV. So, Smith,
when is that so?

Smith should probably check the consensus before shooting his mouth off. Or
at least refer to quotes that have been posted.

--REPLY:
Ossipoff should at least check the examples I POSTED RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE,
before asking me for the "missing" examples and (genuinely(
"shooting his mouth off."

I repeat, for the third time at least, that these examples are available on the web,
same place they have been for about 2 years, at
http://rangevoting.org/RVstrat1.html#examples

Warren D Smith
http://rangevoting.org

PS.  And no, Ossipoff, you do not get to change the rules midstream.
You made a false statement.  I corrected it giving an example.
Then you informed me I had to provide an example, ignoring the fact I already had,
plus we all were talking about
something else anyway.  Well, no.  I gave a verbatim quote of your false statement
then I refuted it.  I was not talking about somethign else.  I was talking about
the verbatim statement I quoted.  Not anything else.  Just that.