[Election-Methods] DYN is probably better, but less proposable

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Thu Jul 26 04:42:14 PDT 2007

DYN is a good combination of Approval and delegation of voting power to
favorite proxies. Power is delegated only when the voter is uncertain (or
wants to get the best strategic result), and the candidate delegates have
good information on which to base their votes.

Methods that aren't limited by the usual traditions can be relatively
strategy-free, and briefly-defined and understandable to the public.

But, when I and others have proposed non-traditional methods, methods using
input other than voters' ballots, we've encountered strong opposition from
people. I've even gotten consistent rejection for the candidate withdrawal
option, on the grounds that it supposedly gives candidates power to overrule
voters.

So, as good as non-traditional methods could be, I don't propose them for
public elections anymore, because of the rejection that they've elicited in
the past.

Mike Ossipoff