[EM] WS: Blue wins in your example

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Wed Jul 18 19:36:08 PDT 2007

WS:

You said that Hitler wins in your example of order-reversal and truncation.
Would that it were so. Actually Blue wins instead of Hitler :=(

Blue is the only candidate with no pairwise defeats. Condorcet doesn't look
at pairwise opposition unless it's in a defeat.

It would be better for Hitler to win in that example, because it would
result in the example never happening. All that the Red voters would have to
do would be to announce that they were going to truncate, and invite the
Blues to do the same.

MDDA does better in that regard. MAMPO doesn't. With MAMPO, Hitler wins if R
& B voters all truncate. Kevin, does that mean that MAMPO isn't as good as
MDDA?

With MDDA, the truncation is a strong deterrent because it threatens a
Hitler victory if the Blues order-reverse.

I'll probably have more to say about these examples with these methods
later. This example is new to me.  Right now I have to get off the computer.

Mike Ossipoff