[EM] RE : Re: MAMPO is probably better than MDDA

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 26 10:36:13 PST 2007

Hi,

Chris asked what MAMPO is supposed to stand for. It is
"Majority Approval,Minimum Pairwise Opposition." The comma was used
instead of the double slash due to the fact that the opposition scores
used are the original ones, not ones remaining after an elimination.

--- Michael Ossipoff <mikeo2106 at msn.com> a écrit :
> By the way, the names MPOA (Majority Pairwise Opposition//Approval) and
> MAPO
> (Majority Approval//Pairwise-Oppositon) are simpler, briefer and bring
> out
> the symmetry between the two methods.

MAPO seems fine...

MPOA I don't like as much as MDDA, since it reads to me like the finalists
are those who do have majority opposition.

Kevin Venzke