[EM] RE : Re: SFC

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 12 15:26:53 PST 2007

Hi,

By the way, you can also ensure a method satisfies SFC by having it
comply with this votes-only criterion: "If more than half of the voters
rank A over B, but there is no majority of the voters ranking some third
candidate over A, then B doesn't win."

Personally I feel that SFC *is* more about avoiding an embarrassing
result, than about providing a strategy guarantee...

--- Michael Ossipoff <mikeo2106 at msn.com> a écrit :
> SFC is more demanding than the Condorcet Criterion.

Hm, I don't think I would say that... You can satisfy one and not the
other. And I can think of a couple of criteria compatible with SFC but
not Condorcet.

Kevin Venzke