[EM] RE : Condorcet vs RV

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 8 12:22:42 PST 2007

Mike,

--- Michael Ossipoff <mikeo2106 at msn.com> a écrit :
> But now even Kevin no longer advocates that method, so I don’t usually
> bring
> it up here. I do claim, however, that Kevin’s FBC & SFC method should be
> proposed to CVD, because it’s simpler than Condorcet, and simpler than
> IRV.

I guess you're talking about MDDA as the method I don't advocate anymore.
I'd say this is mainly because I don't value SFC very much and would like
to try for some other property. I also think MDDA is vulnerable to
criticism because it can elect a candidate who has lower approval than
some other candidate has strict first preferences.

Kevin Venzke