[EM] range voting - better than Condorcet for purpose of generating Condocet winners...

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Wed Feb 7 15:15:11 PST 2007

The strategy problems of winning-votes Condorcet, such as BeatpathWinner or
Schwartz-Sequential-Dropping, have been greatly exaggerated by those
methods' opponents. The subject has been much discussed here. The criteria
SFC and SDSC are about how wv Condorcet gives better freedom from strategy
concerns than other methods.

I don't reject RV, but RV isn't doesn't even come close to being as
strategy-free as SSD or BeatpathWinner. We've used Condorcet and RV in polls
on EM. If you participated in those polls, then you know what I mean.

There isn't time right now to reply point by point.

Mike Ossipoff