[EM] Minmax under-representaton causes small-bias

RLSuter at aol.com RLSuter at aol.com
Tue Feb 6 13:24:46 PST 2007

election-methods-request at electorama.com writes:

> Mr. Suter had decried theoretical
> analysis and discussion essentially
> on the basis that it was politically useless.

That's a total misrepresentation. I objected to one PARTICULAR instance
of theoretical analysis, not because it is politically useless (it's actually
useful to people to people who want to defend the undemocratic way the
Senate is now constituted) but because it was done with no consideration
of the seriously damaging consequences (both historical and current) of
the Senate as it is now consituted and because, as a result, it has done
no good and caused harm, which is why I suggested not that it is "useless"
but "worse than worthless." If you want to disagree, fine, but stop accusing
me of things I didn't say and that you would know I didn't say if you took
the time to read and think and write more carefully.

-Ralph Suter