[EM] Hay Voting busted

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Sat Feb 3 21:22:02 PST 2007

Inspired by Forest's post of praise, I took a look at "Hay Voting."

I believe it is bogus.  There are two problems.  First of all, they
just did the math wrong to get a bogus formula.
But you can fix their errors and get a different formula.
Then you run into the second problem, which is that it just doesn't work
even with the corrected formula.

I have made a web page by editing Peter de Blanc's page and posted it
for the moment at   http://rangevoting.org/HayVoting.html
to explain what is wrong.

I would appreciate it is Peter de Blanc and/or Marcello Herreshoff would contact
me directly about their reaction to this.  MY email is
warren DOT wds AT gmail DOT com.

I wpuld have contacted them directly except I could not figure out their email
addresses.

Interestingly, the "singularity institute for artificial intelligence," where
Marcello Herreshoff supposedly is employed, gives a 404 not found error
when you hit the button for contact information.  Perhaps the singularity has
already occurred.

Warren D. Smith
http://rangevoting.org