[Election-Methods] RE : Re: rcv ala tournament

rob brown rob at karmatics.com
Sat Dec 29 17:24:24 PST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 4:00 PM, Kevin Venzke <stepjak at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Rob,
>
> --- rob brown <rob at karmatics.com> a écrit:
> > Approval is simple only if you find it convenient to ignore such
> > questions
> > as "how should a voter vote to best
> > pursue his interests?"  If you happen to include such things in the
> > equation, Approval mind-blowingly complex.
>
> I can't think of any (serious) method with more straight-forward strategy
> than Approval.

Please elaborate.  Seems to me that the optimum strategy of Approval
involves guessing how others will vote.  And guessing how others will vote
involves a) guessing what their best strategy is, which of course is
cyclical and becomes a great big hall of mirrors, and b) guessing how how
their actual voting differs from optimum strategy, which becomes an exercise
in psychology.