[Election-Methods] Simple two candidate election

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Mon Dec 24 10:31:49 PST 2007

rob brown > Sent: 24 December 2007 15:35
> (for what it's worth, I'm actually working on an article on
> this stuff, independent from voting theory.  Bees, and
> understanding the difference between their motivations and
> more typical animal motivations, is what inspired my interest
> in evolution, game theory and related fields as a kid, so it
> is core to my thinking on all this)

So you MIGHT be interested to see this article:
  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article3086949.ece

As for voting behaviour, and making predictions based on that, I think it might be more productive to look at the increasing body of
research on the real behaviour of real voters in real public elections.   Of course, you have take the social and political context
into account as well as the political structures and the voting systems the sample voters are used to  -  voter behaviour in
different countries is likely to be quite different.

James Gilmour

Checked by AVG Free Edition.