[Election-Methods] Simple two candidate election

Ian Fellows ifellows at ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 20 15:41:14 PST 2007

"The reason is simple: no majoritarian method can ever be democratic because
it allows 51% of the  electorate to consistently keep the other 49% of the
electorate from having any power at all"

Perhaps you have a different definition of democracy than I do.

"The simplest democratic method in the two-options case, as with more
options, is random ballot."

err... Then either 51% or 49% of the population would have no power based on
which ballot was picked. If you have a binary choice someone will not get
what they want, and those people should be in the minority, period.