[Election-Methods] US court rejects threat to 'vote-trading' websites

Peter Barath peb at freemail.hu
Sun Aug 12 13:19:56 PDT 2007

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2195759/court-rejects-threat-vote

>Yes. Very interesting. I think the decision of the Court reasonably
>obvious; however, they consider that the issues were sufficiently
>unsettled at law that they did not find the Secretary of State of
>California, the defendant, to be liable for damages to the

A little help, please. My Mensan friend who is to write an
article about voting methods, in a Mensa periodical, wants to
mention the incident.

But we don't have the slightest idea what a "Secretary of State
of California" means. "Secretary of State of US" is US term for
European "Minister of Foreign Affairs", but we have doubt that
a US member state has such thing. Is it like a "Justice Minister",
or a "Minister of Home affairs" (police and/or municipalities),
or "Senior State Prosecutor", "Head of Supreme Court" or
something else?

Peter Barath