[EM] Student government - what voting system to recommend?

Steve Barney barnes992001 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 12:14:17 PDT 2007

How about the Borda Count?

"Certainly, a sort of industrial use of creatures, so that geese are fed in such a way as to produce as large a liver as possible, or hens live so packed together that they become just caricatures of birds, this degrading of living creatures to a commodity seems to me in fact to contradict the relationship of mutuality that comes across in the Bible."
--_God and the World: Believing and Living in Our Time_, by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI), Ignatius Press, 2000, pgs 78-9.
http://www.ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=292&AFID=12&

Note: That statement essentially condemns the battery cage factory farm system of egg production, and suggests that, until the US follows the lead of the EU by banning it, consumers ought to buy cage-free eggs. For more info, see:

'No Battery Eggs' Campaign
http://NoBatteryCages.org