[EM] Finding SociallyBest. Is it impossible?

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 14:46:38 PDT 2007

On Apr 8, 2007, at 4:01 , ricben at clix.pt wrote:

> This might be a stupid question but I was wondering if SociallyBest
> exists at all, and if some day it will be found.

One approach to this question is to say that there is no such generic
function but the choices of the society should depend of what they
want to achieve. Elected food for lunch should be such that all group
members can eat it, but electing a recreational activity for the same
group could be allowed to optimize the outcome for a small group of
people (the others will have their lucky day some other day).

Juho Laatu