[EM] final support

Forest W Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Apr 3 19:19:59 PDT 2007

Approval Margins should have been on my list of most promising, even
though it is not as well known as the three that I mentioned.  Total
Approval would not be that well known except that DMC has received a
lot of attention, and DMC is equivalent to River(TA), etc. which,
admittedly, may not be that well known.

A compromise between Winning Votes and Total Approval that doesn't go
as far as Final Support would be this:

The number of ballots on which X is ranked strictly above Y plus the
number of ballots on which X is both approved and ranked equal to Y.

I'll try to think if there is a good way to incorporate Approval
Margins into some combination of the other most promising measures.

Forest

Chris Benham wrote ...