[EM] MIT News: Math of elections says voters win with 'winner take all'

Chris Backert cbackert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:37:51 PDT 2007

See this story from MIT News that begins: "If we want individuals and small
groups to have the democratic power to elect the president fairly, we must
score presidential elections by winner-take-all states--not in a single
giant national district too large for small numbers to turn, said Alan
Natapoff, a research scientist at MIT who has studied the mathematics of
voting power and has testified before Congress concerning the Electoral
College."

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/natapoff.html