[EM] A horrible thing we need to crush: Fusion Voting

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Sep 15 00:09:24 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 18:52 -0700, Brian Olson wrote:
> The short short version:
> "Fusion Voting" fixes the spoiler problem by allowing 3rd parties to
> nominate one of the candidates of the two major parties.
An interesting quirk of fusion voting is that it becomes possible for a
candidate to obtain the nomination of every party.  While this was rare
for major elections, it did happen in quite a few cases with local
elections.  One wonders if more than a few of these candidates weren't
entirely honest with at least one of the parties nominating them.

Cheers,
Scott Ritchie