[EM] 2008 US Pres Range Voting poll - try it, and help spread the word!

Jan Kok jan.kok.5y at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 13:33:50 PDT 2006

Please help promote better voting methods, and Range Voting in
particular, by pointing people to this 2008 US Presidential Range
Voting poll:
http://zohopolls.com/brokenladder/2008-u-s-presidential-election-poll-using#comment-2395

Also help digg it!
http://digg.com/politics/2008_US_Presidential_Election_Simulator_Using_Range_Voting

And by all means, visit the poll site and vote there yourself. I found
it a surprisingly thought-provoking experience. I voted as I would in
an actual RV election (except I didn't peek at the previous polling
results before voting, but in a real RV election I would check out the
pre-election polls), but I also found myself thinking about how I
would respond to a pre-election RV poll. (I.e. would I strategically
lie to the pollsters? I won't tell you right now... Go try the poll
and think about what you would do. :-)

I would recommend getting IRV supporters to try out this poll. Who
knows, they might like it!

One semi-real RV poll is worth 10^6 words...

Cheers,
- Jan