[EM] RE : Re: RE : Re: Ranked Preferences, Range

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Oct 30 21:19:31 PST 2006

This certainly DOES NOT earn a need for special assistance to such a voter.

Whatever information may be available, if the voter does not know enough
from it to HAVE a personal preference, the obvious response is to not vote
- leaving to others establishment of a consensus.

DWK

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:24:41 +0100 (CET) Kevin Venzke wrote:
> Chris,
>
> real quickly, and posted to the list:
>
> --- Chris Benham <chrisjbenham at optusnet.com.au> a écrit :
>
>>>If you can't guess which candidate would
>>>be the consensus, and don't care to offer an opinion of your own on
>>>the subject, how valuable can your vote be?
>>>

>>I don't entirely get, this. What exactly is the "subject"?..what "would
>>be"  the consensus or what
>>*should* be the consensus? And "valuable" in what sense?
>

> I'll write that over again
>
> If (in a public election) a voter wants to vote for the consensus option,
> but doesn't know what it is and doesn't feel confident in providing
> his own input as to which candidate it should be, can it really be so
> important to accomodate this voter as to implement a different election
> method for him? Particulary considering that lots of information should
> have been available on which this voter could have made a decision.
>
> Kevin Venzke
                  If you want peace, work for justice.