[EM] ranked preferences

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 13:11:28 PDT 2006

Ranked preferences could be derived from range. A=99, B=60, C=50,
D=11 could be read as A>>B>C>>D. The information could be read also
from some "floating point graphical format" (e.g. bars of different
length). In these styles it may not be easy to express preferences of
equal strength (like A>>B and C>>D above).

One quite easy style would be computer assisted ballot creation in
the style shown below. Lines between the candidates indicate
distance / strength of preference.
Smith
Jones
-----