[EM] RE : Re: RE : Re: Ranked Preferences, Range

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 30 07:24:41 PST 2006

Chris,

real quickly, and posted to the list:

--- Chris Benham <chrisjbenham at optusnet.com.au> a écrit :
> >If you can't guess which candidate would
> >be the consensus, and don't care to offer an opinion of your own on
> >the subject, how valuable can your vote be?
> >
> I don't entirely get, this. What exactly is the "subject"?..what "would
> be"  the consensus or what
> *should* be the consensus? And "valuable" in what sense?

I'll write that over again

If (in a public election) a voter wants to vote for the consensus option,
but doesn't know what it is and doesn't feel confident in providing
his own input as to which candidate it should be, can it really be so
important to accomodate this voter as to implement a different election
method for him? Particulary considering that lots of information should
have been available on which this voter could have made a decision.

Kevin Venzke