[EM] No One To Vote For?

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sun Oct 15 08:24:41 PDT 2006

       But there is one I am willing to vote for - SO DO THAT.
       I wish I could vote for more than one, such as approving a couple or
indicating 1st; 2nd; etc. ranks.  SOME places you can; if not, agitate for
next year.
       I will not vote for any - OK - I am trying to help others.
       I would like to vote for "None Of The Above".  A stronger way to
express disapproval, permitted some places - another possibility to
agitate for for next year.

How about write-ins?  THIS is my topic today.  Consider:
       Something obviously not a real name?  Why bother - you probably get
ignored.
       A nominated candidate?  Such write-ins may get ignored - if such
got counted the counters would be the only sufferers.
       An other REAL person's name.  Now you have something that can be
counted with, usually, the same effect as for "None Of The Above" - the
parties and nominated candidates and public get countable evidence of your
unhappiness.  Gets stronger if those unhappy get together and vote for a
write-in as if another candidate.
            Suppose your write-in wins?  Presumably better than the
nominated candidates.  Not likely to get here but, if so, consider:
                 If good - brag.
                 If not good, blame the parties for failing to properly
attend to nominating.
                   If you want peace, work for justice.