[EM] why 0-99 in range voting

RLSuter at aol.com RLSuter at aol.com
Wed Nov 22 20:13:03 PST 2006

abd at lomaxdesign.com writes:

><< In meetings, voting on multiple-answer questions is rare. >>
>>
>>Yes, but why? Because very, very few people -- probably
>>less than 1% of U.S. citizens, are familiar with voting
>>methods that can handle such questions in satisfactory
>>ways.
>
>This is actually nonsense.

No, it isn't nonsense at all, though I can understand how it
could seem that way to someone who is so certain of some
of his strongly held views of how the world works that he is
incapable of seriously (much less carefully) considering
conflicting alternative views -- or even, as in this case,
considerately responding to people who express them.

-RS