[EM] RE : Re: Range voting, zero-info strategy simulation (raphfrk)

raphfrk at netscape.net raphfrk at netscape.net
Mon Nov 6 07:26:28 PST 2006

 > From: abd at lomaxdesign.com
 >
 > At 11:10 AM 11/2/2006, raphfrk at netscape.net wrote:
 > >This would mean that the utility of a candidate is equal
 > >to the utility to the voter plus some fraction of the
 > >utility to society.
 >
 > This assumes, apparently, that there is a utility to society that is not a utility to the members of society.
 >
 > I think that is a false assumption.

 It was supposed to represent the utility of not having to go up against a dedicated sub-group.

 The vote is "I want to do what is best for everyone" or maybe "I don't want to seriously piss anyone off".

 However, I guess that can be folded into personal utility.

 I would agree that ultimately utility comes from people rather than "society".

  Raphfrk
 Interesting site
 "what if anyone could modify the laws"

 www.wikocracy.com