[EM] Monotonicity Reference?

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Thu May 25 18:39:40 PDT 2006

At 6:59 AM -0700 5/25/06, Alex Small wrote:
>I've heard that there are multiple monotonicity definitions out
>there.  Can somebody point me to a reference that discusses the
>definition that I'm using, or perhaps one that carefully
>distinguishes the definitions (so that I can sharpen the definition
>in the paper)?

Voting matters has several useful papers on the subject. Three of
them are Woodall's: http://www.mcdougall.org.uk/VM/MAIN.HTM

	2.	Properties of Preferential Election Rules Issue 3, p8-15
	3.	Monotonicity - An In-Depth Study of One Example Issue 4, p5-7
	4.	Monotonicity and Single-Seat Election Rules Issue 6, p9-14

There's a short note by David Hill on the ambiguity of the term:
http://www.mcdougall.org.uk/VM/ISSUE18/I18P1.PDF

The relevant portion:

--
/Jonathan Lundell.