[EM] A much simpler proportional Condocet Method - BTR-STV

raphfrk at netscape.net raphfrk at netscape.net
Sun May 21 08:44:37 PDT 2006

> Now, first I'm going to introduce to you the idea of the proportional
Condorcet winner.
> The are several of these in an election, and the majority Conorcet
winner is always
> among them. A proportional Condorcet winner is the Condorcet winner
of the
> minority of the electorate. For instance, in a four seat election the
a Proportional
> Condorcet winner would be the Condorcet winner of 25% of the
populace.

That is not a very clear definition.  Are you saying that a candidate
is a proportional
condorcet winner if there exists a set of votes amounting to 25% (or
more) of the
electorate in which he counts as a condorcet winner ?

If so, then in a 4 seat constituency, there is potentially more than 4
proportional
condorcet winners.

For example (just listing first preferences)