[EM] Invitation for anyone to copy, web-post, or distribute my articles &/or postings

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Thu May 11 21:40:03 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 17:10 -0500, Paul Kislanko wrote:
> > Most other signatories implemented that part of the Berne Convention
> > well before the USA did, given that the original Convention was signed
> > in _18_86.
>
> I cited only US Copyright Law. And you quoted my copyrighted text without
> asking permission. (GRIN - this was a joke post, folks!)

Michael is correct here.  Here's the relevant section of U.S. law:

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92appii.html

Mike holds copyright by default in the U.S. and most other countries,
and thus would need to explicitly give permission for reuse.  Since Mike
includes several restrictions in his permission, please do not copy this
to any wiki (Wikipedia or Electowiki) on which content is authored under
an incompatible license

Rob