[EM] multi-method combo

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed Jun 7 22:57:19 PDT 2006

I choke on your collection of methods:

Imposing both range and ranked choice demands that the voter consider both
methods.  It also complicates the ballot and the counting.

No point to having both IRV and Condorcet:
      Usually they will select the same winner.
      When IRV fails it will offer an invalid winner - the reason for
rejecting IRV.
      When there are near ties, they can differ in deciding which leading
candidate should win - so who cares.

If I understand complaints about troublemaking, Tom and his friends,
SOMEHOW knowing how all others will vote, vote a pattern that will change
the winner, without directly voting their desire.
      How do they manage this without Dick ad HIS friends finding out and
doing a counter plot.
      ANYWAY, how did these troublemakers get a valid picture as to what
all other voters were doing? "what they think other voters are going to
do" is not sufficient for successful troublemaking.

DWK

                  If you want peace, work for justice.