[EM] election-methods Digest, Vol 19, Issue 4

Dave Ketchum daveket2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 19:04:07 PST 2006

As I wrote before, if the laws and bylaws so direct, neutrality should
be votable by abstaining.

Provided the laws permit, an association could tailor its bylaws as its
members choose.

Also see below.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:51:29 +1100 Dharmadeva wrote:

>  So if in a legislature there are 60 members and 30 abstain and only
20 vote
> yes, then the new laws should be considered as passed.  Sounds
dangerous to
> me.

I do not see your adjectives, procedural and substantive, in useful
form in RONR.  As I say above, RONR DOES NOT control, except to the
extent permitted by laws and bylaws.  In general, RONR suggests
counting abstentions as neutral (not voting).

BTW - seems like refusing roll call could get one counted as absent -
perhaps meaning quorum no longer present.
> :
> :-Scott Ritchie
                 If you want peace, work for justice.