[EM] article on preferential voting

Toplak Jurij jure.toplak at uni-mb.si
Sat Dec 30 10:45:58 PST 2006

> Well, it is a bit irritating to me, and perhaps to some others, that
> AV is used in the paper to refer to Alternative Vote; we routinely
> use it for Approval Voting.

Thanks for pointing out this. I will try to make things clearer by using
"Alternative Vote" and "Approval Voting" rather than the "AV".

> Approval is mentioned in the paper, however, in my view, incorrectly
> (though perhaps merely reporting common opinion, in which case it is
> correct about an incorrect opinion.)

As you figured it out, I was merely reporting someone elses opinion. As the
article says, I was reporting the opinion of this webpage:
http://www.ctl.ua.edu/math103/Voting/1nonpref.htm

In case you have any more  comments on the paper I'd be happy to hear it.

J.