[EM] RE : Re: simpler proof of "no conflict theorem" now trivial

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 15 23:20:48 PDT 2006

Hello,

--- Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <abd at lomaxdesign.com> a écrit :
> But
> I've never seen anyone objecting that a method which only allows N
> ranks in the presence of more than N candidates does not satisfy the
> Criterion.

This has actually been discussed quite a bit. For example, in the past I
have advocated Condorcet methods run on three-slot ballots. I don't claim
that these methods satisfy the Condorcet criterion, however.

There are several approaches to defining criteria intended for fully
ranked methods, so that a method like FPP can't satisfy them on a
technicality.

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Wed Aug 16 06:13:59 GMT 2006