[EM] Voting by selecting a published ordering

Steve Eppley seppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Apr 22 11:31:54 PDT 2006

Hi again,

I should add one small point to the message I posted a few minutes ago.

Assuming the orderings do not need to be strict orderings, and assuming
(Withdrawal)PluralityRule is the method used to tally, there is a question about how to
count an ordering that ranks two or more non-withdrawn candidates at its top.  Its weight
could either be split or counted fully for each of those candidates.  I favor the latter,
but I think it would tend to work well either way.

--Steve