[EM] Voting by selecting a published ordering

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Fri Apr 14 01:08:51 PDT 2006

Actually, this debate is becoming complex beyond any hope of value.

The lists had value in approaching the capability of ranked choice on
voting machines that can handle ONLY simple preference voting.

They had problems in that there would need to be many lists - often
several for each candidate - those ready to give A first preference may
want B or C or D or E for second preference.

BUT - as soon as you want complications such as described below:
      You need a more capable machine.
      Which could have ranked choice built in.
      And has little need for anything more, for ranked choice can do any
vote the lists dream of - with actually simpler rules for voters and
machine builders.

DWK