[EM] Voting by selecting a published ordering

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sat Apr 8 20:30:38 PDT 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 21:16:58 -0500 Paul Kislanko wrote:

> Dave Ketchum wrote:
> Interpreting Condorcet arrays is usually simple enough to do without a
> computer, but best left to a computer with the rules programmed in for
> cycles, which can happen.
>
> OK, I have a system with 293 alternatives and a few thousand voters. If you
> think it is simple to cont the 42,778 pairwise comparisons without a
> computer send me your snail-mail address and I'll kill a tree to print out
> all the ballots and send 'em to you.

I stay with the "usually" that I wrote.  Easy to exclude this monster as an

exception but, if this was a true election rather than a fabrication, it

likely would be doable by hand (find a popular candidate, exclude all that

that candidate completely beats, and you are soon down to a manageable array).

I ALSO said that recording the votes in the array was a computer task, so
you should be offering the 293x293 array - almost 90,000 16-bit entries.
                  If you want peace, work for justice.