[EM] RE: [Condorcet] A "Condorcet" by any other name stillsmells as sweet?

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Fri Sep 30 19:53:07 PDT 2005

All of this notwithstanding, no one has ever explained to me how including
an extraneous "+" is different from

my_preferred>all_others_could_live_with>>those I think would save me some
problems by having a heart attack.

I repeat, if I can say A+=B> then you shold be able to infer that from that
me saying A>B>>(all others).

The "plus" added to a ranked ballot is unnecessary, but it could turn an
approval ballot into a semi-ranked ballot. If that is desirable, just use a
ranked ballot to begin with.