[EM] Copeland, CDTT

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 13 13:34:22 PDT 2005

Dear Jobst,

--- Jobst Heitzig <heitzig-j at web.de> a écrit :
> Does the CDTT have any other significance than the connection with Minimal Defense? In other
> words, what would you think of a method satisfying minimal defense but not CDTT?

I would rather let Markus discuss such issues as truncation resistance.

I was drawn to the CDTT because it satisfies minimal defense and is very easy
on Later-no-harm methods (in the sense that it does not force them to fail
Later-no-harm unless there are majority-strength cycles).

I am fine with methods that satisfy minimal defense but not CDTT. Especially,
because I don't believe CDTT is compatible with the favorite betrayal criterion
when there are more than three candidates.

Kevin Venzke