[EM] Citation for immunity to strategic voting?

stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 13 07:07:06 PDT 2005

Sorry if I was not clear enough.
All the comments I made were relevant only
to truncation strategies...
As you just showed, order reversal (burying for
the intimates) can get even a strong Condorcet winner.

Two analysis could help go further in that direction:
- Is there some level that makes a Condorcet winner
immune to burying strategy ?
- What is the method that brings the less esperance
(gain probability) when using truncation or burying strategies?

My guess would be that a stronger Condorcet winner (66% of
winning votes) is immune to any strategy. Please feel free
to show I am wrong... For the second analysis, I have not
found any track toward a result yet.

Bye,
Steph.
PS: Mike Ossipoff provides some proof for the 50% barrier
immunity against truncation on some website.
For the 66%, it is the result of my own analysis, and I do not
have a formal proof.  I do not know of any book containing
such information.  The last claim about no method protecting
a weak Condorcet winner is obvious to me in the sense that
any change of mind can bring different majorities, both leading
to a legitimate winner. Again, I have no formal proof.
Sorry for the lack of thourougness.